Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kitchen Progress

We have our cabinets installed, put on all the hardware, countertops and a nice sink from DelaTile and our cool faucet, although no water yet. Also, we may need to buy ANOTHER range hood, but I hope not, and a new fridge. After our fridge was moved around when the floors were being done, it started to have a horrible chemical smell inside. we have cleaned and put fresh baking soda, but it still makes anything not well sealed taste like paint thinner.
Unfortunately we do not have a budget for a fridge and another 600$ for a range hood that fits, and Ikea is being shitty about returning it. They have been completely unhelpful and so has whirlpool who made the range. They have been completely unhelpful with finding and replacing missing parts, as well accepting the return. We have definately learned to not buy anything that you need any service on. Returning things there sucks. I even went there months ago because a part for my bookcase was broken when I first used it, and they would not replace it without me buying the $2 part. If with proof that I had the original part that was deformed, I still needed to pay for a replacement because I didn't bring my reciept. I mean really, is it worth the money to piss off a customer? I will say, I will go back to Ikea but I will never buy another appliance from them, or anything that I can't afford to fix or replace on my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment