Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Floor and Textiles

Tony and I ended up doign the whole staining process ourselves. Well, ok, I ended up doing most of the staining, but tony helped with one coat and some of the wax last weekend when he was off.
We used Kemiko's Black or ebony stain which basically varied from a light brown to the black depending on how many coats. I think we ended up with 5 coats.

Also this weekend, tony and I got some great deals on some rugs and a runner that we will actually use as a headboard from Crate and Barrel's Outlet.
The blue below will be our main rug and then the colored dots have been mounted on a board that I will attach to the wall as a sort of head board. We also picked up some bathroom rugs, which are not pictured. A few months ago I checked the bargain bins at Ikea and actually ended up with a pair of curtains that were a sorta lime/chartreuse which I was hoping for in the bedroom, as a pop of color. I hung them today so that we can have some privacy from our patio doors. Ironing to be done later. I was also able to find the hardware to hang them for pennies on the dollar.
Isn't Bella a Beautiful Rug Model?To

No comments:

Post a Comment